Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lima Bean Cyborg Zombies

There are days where deep, creative thoughts come and pile in my head. Other days things are stagnant as socks in a abandoned toilet bowl. The strangest things seem to set it off in different locations. The other day someone was walking by the curb that I walked on to my class. I noticed that he walked beside it not on it. I walked foot over foot ON the curb down the hill. He walked on the dirt next to the curb. That set off a chain of ideas that distracted me all the rest of the walk, and thru class. When I finally got Lappy to write them down i had forgotten most of them. I kicked myself for thinking more than writing. Sometimes I am content just to watch the shadows of the trees dance on the sidewalk, and the birds fly. (tho both make me run and step into things)

I'm not certain if other people go thru this tangent thinking. (i have been told no, but who knows) I guess there are those who don't/can't. I know not everyone can be poets, but shouldn't people consider some bigger pictures? My uncle told me once that you can't draw a line from one point to another if you're looking at the line. Both points have to be considered to making a line.

I guess most are content with their "quite lives of desperation" and more power to them. I'll leave them to the world at large, and try to teach the next generation "to see with eyes unclouded by hate." And when my days lead me no farther than my own perspectives I'll always have the game.

2 comments: