Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Huh...really...

Ya'll got a story and a blog today cause I was ninja'd by Asian and Company yesterday. Lemon Water was a dream that I had a while back. I wrote it down one day, and when I went back to write it up it made no sense...more than usual anyway. I had to flush it out a bit. It was a very vivid dream with colors, smells, and the soreness that came with that particular video game. I liked playing with the caring green eyed monster.

I like playing with literary references.  Like using musical references. The people that laugh I KNOW i have something small in common with them. So a laugh is had, the conversation continues, and it helps measure the audience. A different kind of verbal filter. While I don't have one myself, I'd like to think I'm more aware of the particular words I use.

The English language is complex and have large amounts of antonyms and synonyms. Proper usage is key to being able to express oneself fully. "I'll call you back in a bit" and "I'll call you later" are two different things. "I'll be back in 4 hours." is different than "I'll talk to ya next time I'm not busy." "Yeah I'll (insert task here) vs "I'll get to it." Awareness comes from being a student of them or have them screw you over in some way. Most people go out half trained with this particular weapon and bad things happen. Some go around half trained and half aware of the dangers! Being vague is as fun as doing those other things, but you have to be aware of what is there, as well as what isn't. What isn't said is just as important of what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment